The Reiki Precepts tell us to be kind and compassionate towards ourselves and others.
Below I have listed 10 ways in which we can do this in our everyday lives. Please have a read through and let me know what you think.
- Say thank you when someone has done something for you and feel the gratitude in your heart. When you feel gratitude you will raise your vibrations and you will feel great.
- Show consideration towards others. Allow the person walking behind you to enter the room, the train or the bus before you. Allowing others to go first will enable you to feel humble and this helps you to put your life in perspective.
- Show gratitude when a person does something for you. Remember that it is not your divine right that someone else, no matter who they are does something for you, so be grateful that they have.
- Show gratitude for the friendships you have. Call a friend who you have not spoken to for a while and share a joke and enjoy your time together.
- Help a busy person. We are all interconnected and the kindness that you show another person by helping them is expanded and amplified out into the Universe.
- Show kindness by listening to a person in need of a friend. A few kind words can make all the difference to a person’s life.
- Donate to charity. Show kindness by sharing what you have no matter how much or how little you can reasonably afford to give.
- Be kind to the elderly. Visit an elderly neighbour and remember you may be the only person that they speak to all day. Imagine how you would feel if you were in their situation.
- Use kind words to motivate a family member or a friend who needs your support. Both of you will benefit from this.
- Be kind to yourself. You are only human and there will be times when you will fail and times when you feel low. Be grateful for these feelings as it helps you learn about humanity as well as keeping you humble.
Please let me know what you grateful for.